Monday 29 February 2016

I Have A Father


#MondayDoseOfInspiration

Hello great people,
Wow! It's been a whole week of hiatus. I apologise profusely, I did not mean to leave you high and dry. I had to go on a forced but well deserved rest and all I can say is, it sure feels good to be alive, hale and hearty. Quite a number of things happened during this break but through it all I am glad that as a believer, even though one may be fatherless but yet still have a father in God which is the gist of today's post. Enjoy.

When scriptures say all things work together for good; the 'all' here refers to a potpourri of events, circumstances and situations, both good and bad or ugly; divinely orchestrated to make us triumphant in the end. I once went through an unprecedented rough time financially months after I lost my dad. Things got so bad that I couldn't help wishing at some point that my late dad had left me a very fat inheritance. I wished he left me plenty properties in choice locations and a stupendously fat bank account that I could just leverage on to sort me through the mess I had found myself.

I woke up one morning missing him so much, wishing I could just call him up and tell him all the battles both physical and spiritual, that I was fighting. My dad was not just my biological father but was also my spiritual father. One  in whose anointing I trusted and respected so much. Just one word of prayer and issue of decree and I would have been sorted and able to sleep easy.
 
 
 
 For the first time since his demise, I felt my fatherless state so much I didn't feel like going on anymore. Until one morning, I was sent a video of a choir singing the Hallelujah chorus- one of my dad's many favourite hymns. The hymn was not only beautifully sung, it was also inspiring and made me burst into a round of praise at the end. As I cried and worshipped the Lord whose kingdom had no end, I remembered in that very instance how even though I was fatherless yet I had a God who was a father to the fatherless. A father who is so rich He owns herds of cattle upon a thousand hills. A father so powerful, He enthrones and dethrones earthly kings as He pleases. A father immensely wealthy no one could ever fully measure His net worth not even Forbes! A father so connected with such a rich network, He even turns the heart of people that matter to do as He pleases. A father who loved me even before I had any idea of His existence. A father who when it came to any pressing matter that had to do with me, He will personally attend to it Himself and not delegate it to anyone else.

As I worshipped, I realised that what I thought I did not have, I not only have them but had them in such immeasurable quantity. I thought my father didn't leave me with much without realising he actually left for me the greatest inheritance of all; a spiritual legacy. One that will see me through and sort me out for the rest of my life till I get called to glory.
 
 

Today I therefore make bold to say,


 'I have a father who calls me by His name; a father like no other. Such that even though my father has departed in heaven to stay but still, I have a father. I call Him Jesus.
The video below succinctly captures the essence of this message. It's a short video but carries a powerful message.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment