Saturday 13 February 2016

Something From Cupid To You


Oh how I love solitude. Time alone with me, myself and I. As long as there is light, internet, music and something to snack on, I'm just a happy child. It gives me time to write, to reflect and strategise, sometimes to pray and meditate and sometimes I'll just do nothing at all except hit the snooze button.
 

Today the eve of valentine, I get to have this revered, precious time again with hubby and the children away, albeit for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, DISCO or whatever they are called these days will not let somebody be great and even I, am beginning to feel for the generator. I'm even beginning to think the grunting sound it makes when in use is  a sign language to us to pity it. At least if it were human we wouldn't be using it to such unbearable limits. Sigh. DISCO not withstanding I choose to make use of this favourite time of mine. With data and a fully charged phone, I think I'm sorted for the next few hours only that it is not only DISCO that is preventing greatness even Cupid seems to be on a short break.
 
 It was my intention to do a love poem series for you my beloved readers in the spirit of Valentine. So that at least if you don't have a gift for the boo, you can get a blank, beautiful card and pen down the poems in your handwriting as a gift to your boo. How do I get Cupid to be in the mood now o? I think where I should start from is to ask if love is truly in the air. Seems everywhere I turn people will rather want to hear the sounds of alerts on their phone rather than the love songs playing on the radio. Am I right or am I right?
 
 
 

No way baby. We are going to find a way to put Cupid in the mood. Write this poem I must, to show my appreciation to you my valentines (yes you all are) for sticking with me and rooting for me since the blog started a few days ago. You all rock!!! The real MVPs 🙌. You keep my creative juices flowing. You make me want to go on. So this is from me to you for Valentine. Hope you like it. Feel free to use it in the handwritten cards. Let's do something different this season. The boo does not need to know you got it from here. Nah that will be our little secret except boo is also one of our ardent readers 😂 . In that case...well let's just say you can tweak it a little so it's not so obvious. Don't forget to split the gift with me if the poem yields the expected compensation😉

My Valentine,

I knew I struck gold from the day I first met you.

You struck in me a chord, I found in you a bond..

In my heart you have a place

Of a truth you make my pulse race

With you I can win the chase and get the ace.

Our love is not just for a time

It's definitely beyond Valentine

It's for time and time again

Indeed it's for all time.

In your eyes I see love

You suit me so well like a glove

Your calmness like that of a dove

Something about your eyes makes me tingle all over

Something about your smile sends a million shivers down my spine

Baby there is just something about you

It makes me love you mon amour

And makes me coming back for more.

Okay guys let me zip it here so I can have the rest for my boo. Have a great valentine tomorrow. I may be on a short break having my own fill of love. Make of this what you will. Toodles xxxx.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment